Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Happy Trip to Pick Fruit in Chesterfield, NJ

I just got back from a trip to Stawberry Hill Farm in Chesterfield, NJ. Christine, my youngest daughter and son and his girlfriend drove along the beautiful backs roads on western Ocean County and Burlington County to the farm. The weather was beautiful. We set our GPS to "avoid highways" and traveled amongst the beautiful farms and woodlands. I commented to Christine, "It's hard to believe we are riding through the most densely populated state in the country". Many people from other states and other parts of New Jersey don't know that this part of Jersey exists. It is what gave New Jersey it's nickname, The Garden State.

The farm has a had a very good growing season. We picked Gala and Macintosh Apples. We picked perfeclty ripe peaches and beautiful nectarines. We also picked purple plums. I have plans for all of them which I will be sharing with you here.

Great Deals under $50 at Cooking.com!

2 comments:

Da Old Man said...

I know about that area of our state. Beautiful. It drives me crazy when someone talks of NJ and thinks it's all like what t they see along the Turnpike by exit 15.

Michele said...

At least things will slow down a little for us after Labor Day. :-)