Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Scary Parental Project


I just got back from giving my 16 years old son a driving lesson. It was a bit frightening. We stopped off afterward at a favorite little joint, Surf Taco. It is definitely a Jersey Shore locals kind of a vibe. The closest one to us is the one in the Toms River, Silverton section, but the coolest are the original Point Pleasant Beach store and the http://www.seasideparknj.org/ store, in that order.

I had a chicken taco in a crispy tortilla and a grilled steak taco. Matt had the steak taco and the buffalo chicken taco. We ordered extra chips, which are perfectly fried, and got a few different salsas. The verde salsa is a spicy tomatillo based sauce. My favorite is the baja, which is made from some smokey chilles. The mild is also great, but the hot is way to hot for me.

It was a great end to a scary but exciting ride.

No comments: