Thursday, June 26, 2008

Keeping Busy


House Hubbie's Home Cooking has been idle for a couple of days, but the house hubbie has not. I have been working on a blog project that has been on the back burners for about a year. It is called Nana and Pa's Place. It is a labor of love in celebration of my wife's big Norwegian American family. The vision I have for it is that it will be a gathering place for people that are connected either as family or friends to Nana an Pa Noding, the couple who started the American branch of the Noding family when they arrived in the USA in the twenties, drove cross country in a Model T (pictured above) and drove back to settle in West Orange, NJ. (That's the short version of the story). I had the idea to do this last year when almost the entire gang gathered on Cape Cod for the wedding of my wife's nephew. I had been working on my family's genealogy and decided it would be great to map out all the descendants of Nana and Pa (there are almost 200 hundred of them). I used a program called Family Tree Maker and the Ancestry website for my own family and used the same for the Nodings. When I got to the Cape I discovered that several other people where working on the family history and we had the idea of a central place we could compare notes. It is a little long in coming, but since I will see many of the clan members over the 4th of July weekend, I wanted to have something to show them.

By the way, I have a couple of great new recipes to post in the next couple of days, so stay tuned!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your recipes....